Day 10: The final of the final project! (Mads)

 Today in 3D modeling and printing class, I worked on and finally finished my final project. Today, Mr. Grisbee was unable to show up, so with the help of my other teacher, we were able to fix this issue, and get my model laser printed on wood. Yesterday, Mr. Grisbee and I already had prepared the piece of wood I was going to use for laser printing, (The preparation was just putting tape on the wood to stop the wood from darkening, which was really easy) so first thing in the morning we went into the tinkering to start laser cutting.



I was really excited to start the cutting because it looked really futuristic and cool. However, we did run into a problem, being that the sides didn't all fit on the wood piece we had. After some help from Eli and Trey, we were able to fix this. Once everything was printed, I was super happy with it, because it came out really well! I just needed to sandpaper the charred sides, but that's when I saw the final hurdle. The back wall didn't have a slot for the walls to go in! So I spent the rest of class measuring and cutting a makeshift slot to place the wall in, and once that was done, I had my final, finished birdhouse! I was really happy with how it turned out, and really enjoyed spending my M-term in 3D printing and modeling.


Comments