Day 10: Its Been A While (Eli Cunningham)

     On the start of day 10 I walked into the classroom around 8:10, I wanted to hopefully actually finish my print today and not have to stay back after school again. Someone said they would come to school before my just to get their design on the printer so I wouldn't be able to, but they failed to show up so I put my print on the printer. This time I was printing the second part of my three parts (because I didn't want to take too long) and after a little bit I was able finish it. While it was printing I decided to work on yet another project that probably wouldn't get printed, I was working on a 3D version of a Pokémon Card. This took me quite a while, I was working on it in and out all day, by the end of the day I was able to finish around 4/6 of it which is pretty good. I had fun making this one because it was a 3D spin off of these cards that I used to collect when I was younger. 

    When the first print was pretty quickly done which was the wallet base, I put it together with my card holders. This made me pretty happy because it worked well and was able to function the way I wanted it to using my screw hinge mechanism. The day was overall pretty good and I got a decent amount done, but the afternoon wasn't great because this one kid wanted attention so they kept annoying me while I was focusing on my project. 

    Reflecting on the entire M-Term, overall I am glad I did it because I was able to learn how to use Fusion 360, Ultimaker Cura (For turning designs into printing material), and simply the 3D printer too. I was able to make many projects-whether from tutorials or not-that I was proud of and had a great time being able to pretty much create things I thought were cool or helpful out of midair. Although, the reason I am most glad I took this M-Term is that I will be able to use these skills in the future and almost anytime at school I want, to make anything I want. I could use these skills for things like creative responses for other classes, modeling ideas to help portray them, such as in building something, or making a spare part for something I am missing or something that broke. 

    I would both recommend this M-Term/Learning these skills to others and at the same time not recommend it to them. The reason I would recommend it is for all the reasons I already mentioned and more; basically letting your creativity flow and making anything. The only reason I wouldn't recommend this course is for the reason that if someone needed something modeled or printed for them and didn't know how, I would be one of the small amount of people who would be able to do it for them. And when needed thing are rare, I could make money from making things for people (---> My price starts at 20$ per model, but I am willing to negotiate <---).

Comments