Day 5: Halfway There (Ben A.)

Ben Abrahams, 

Mr. Grisbee, 

3D Modeling and Printing M-Term, 

March 24th, 2023 
Halfway There 

    Today was the end of our first week of our 3D Modeling and Printing M-Term. I started out today by redesigning my chain link, so that it could be printed without supports. This was done by increasing the amount of space that connects to the build plate, so that we can use adhesion to stick my design to the build plate. To do this, I needed to change the shape of the links, to make two of the sides longer, and change the angle of each link. Once I finished with this, I printed a test of my chain, consisting of only two links. This design turned out pretty well, but there was a little bit of sagging on the top of the links. Apart from this, however, the design was perfect, and fully functional. This gave me some encouragement, as it shows that this design might be able to produce a fully functioning chain. Next week, I plan to scale this up to 14 links, and see how that works. 

    After I finished my design for the chain, and printed it, I began brainstorming ideas for my final project. After a while of banging my head against the wall (figuratively), I still could not come up with an idea, but I hope that by the beginning of next week, I will have an idea for my final project. 





Comments