Day 6: The Beginning of The End (Ben A.)

Ben Abrahams, 

Mr. Grisbee, 

3D Modeling and Printing M-Term, 

March 29th, 2023 
The Beginning Of The End 

    Today was the 6th day of our 3D Modeling and Printing M-Term, and the beginning of our last week of the course. I began today by printing out another test of my chain link, this one larger, and it was a success! It needed a bit of cleaning up, and polishing up around the edges, but I was overall very happy with how it turned out. Once I had finished with my test print, I decided to make the links even bigger, so that I could print without any adhesions, or at least minimal ones. I finished this redesign just before lunch, and was able to get it on the printer during lunch. Unfortunately, my print failed, as it did not stick to the bed properly. To remedy this, we increased the temperature of the build plate, and tried to print again, but the print failed once more. I decided that my previous design was probably the best I was going to get, and even though it needed a bit of cleanup once it was printed, it was good enough. 

    Once I had finished with the chain, I continued where I left off last week, and brainstormed some ideas for my final project. I didn't have much time to think before the day was over, and was unable to finalize my idea for the project, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want to make, and I am looking forward to modeling it in the days to come. 



Comments