Day 7: tweaking and the workings of the hinge mechanism (Tori Moore)

 


Today was a day that was filled with working around the hinge with the Pokeball, and figuring out how I wanted it to fit on the Pokeball itself.


(Image of the shortened hinge)

(Image of the hinge flat on the model)


I had first run into the thought of how I was actually going to incorporate the hinge onto the Pokeball. I had first thought of shortening my original concept of the hinge and placing it flat against the Pokeball, however this method did not entirely work as I was not able to get the Pokeball to open as much as I wanted too.



My second attempt at attaching the hinge to the Pokeball worked much better as it did not lay flat on the model but was slightly separate instead, allowing more movement without getting stuck.

(Image of the second attachment of the hinge)


 


(Image of the Section Analysis tool in use)




I was able to use a previous method that I had leaned before to good use on this part of the project. This was made much easier after applying the Section Analysis tool that I mentioned Mr. Grisbee taught me. Making sure that the hinge fit was hard enough, but being able to see what I was going to create made it much easier. 








For the close of today, I was also given the suggestion to use screws in my hinges instead of the dowels which I think I will most likely carry out in these coming days. This also opened up the idea of the many different ways I could create the hinge parts and which ones I think would be best suited for this project.

(Image of the hinge with the screw that would replace the dowel)






Comments