Day 8: The Eye of The Storm - Or Did I Make It Out? (Eli Cunningham) also IMPORTANT: Read the underlined part of the blog then put your answer in the comments!

     Day 8 started with me making it to the classroom around 8:20 and then sitting down to deeply ponder on my next move for the next 10 minutes. Since my progress had been deleted yesterday, I decided to just make the wallet but instead of having any fancy hinge or ball connector I would make a hole and when it finished printing I would put a screw through it. This method would be quite a bit more loose and not as fun, but I decided it would be the fastest way. This took me around 30 minutes because I once again had problems connecting and splitting objects/bodies. Once it was ready I did a test print of everything really small because it would take less time, but we stopped the print after they were around 10% done. We did this because they were just a little too close together and too small to actually test functional parts. The teachers and I then decided to just print one of the card holders that were going into the wallet, but the real size. It worked pretty well-aside from it taking an hour-but the hole in the card holder was too close to the edge so it could be broken and the hole was just a tiny bit too small. 

    Luckily those problems weren't hard to fix, so I fixed them right after lunch and I was ready to print when one of the two printers were not being used. While I was waiting for them to be open I started on another project I had thought of when I was brainstorming for my first project. This project was to create a UFO picking up Scooby Doo. I chose a UFO because it seemed like it would be cool to make and I chose Scooby Doo because my friend and I have been arguing whether Scooby Doo or Charlie Brown/The Peanuts Movie is better. I Chose Scooby Doo because obviously it is better, and if you agree say that in the comments to show him who is right. Anyway, the rough draft of the UFO only took around an hour and when I was done with that I put the file of the card holder on the printer. It would have taken around 1 hour to print the whole thing, but this time I only needed to print the bottom where the hole is to fit the screw through. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to print the entire wallet and finish modeling my UFO. Overall, today was the best day of the last two and lets hope that streak continues.


Comments