Day 8: A Model Day

    Today was a day full of modeling and many printing errors. I started off the day exporting my snail and slug trap model. It started off a bit rocky because we were using a new filament called pegt, and it required a hotter temperature for both the bed and the nozzle. After 5 failed attempts, we finally figured out what was wrong but by then it was too late and other people needed to print. Even though I wasn't able to print I am so glab we could figure out what was wrong! I went back to modeling and also helped out my friend Max on his dribbler and talked about the great idea his mom had to include a hole to drop the seeds in. After lunch some of the printers where free so I got to print out some hexagons for the honeycomb key holder and they turned out great. I next started another project but got wisely told I need to focus on one so I went back to trying to improve my snail and slug trap. After an hour of editing, I fixed up a mistake we found when printing of how one of the parts was floating slightly causing it to not print correctly. By then it was the end of the day and overall it was amazing! I learned so much and started to print out more models. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!




Comments