Day 8: Screw and hinge work (Tori Moore)

 


Today I had mostly modified my hinge so that it would be able to fit a screw with in it as the replacement for a simple dowel.

(Image of hinge with design for screw in mind)

(Image of screw for hinge)



The first thing that I had needed to do was make sure that the holes within the hinges would be big enough to have the screw fit through. I had measured the screw and ended up making the holes 5.7 mm wide. 


I had also run in the task of having to create two new cap like shapes that the screw would be malted into
(Image of new cap attachments)


(Image inro view of final product)










  One new thing that I had learned today was how to transfer secondary objects from one file to the other without having to transfer the whole of the model. I used this to my advantage as I was able to transfer the new hinge and the accurately sized Pokeball to a new file to see what the finished product might look like.



(Image into view of final product)




















At the end I was able to print out the hinge but some of the dimensions were to big. I'll need to make one end hole slightly smaller for the screw and make the hole in the lever smaller as well. Though, the hinge itself actually came out very well.
(Image of printed out hinge with screw inside)


Comments