Day 8: Starting on my final project! (Mads)

 Today in 3d modeling and printing class, I had a few hurdles, which were admirably self-inflicted. Because while I had decided to 3d model a birdhouse, I still wasn't sure of the specifics. So I spent some of my time in class looking through tutorials and reference images brainstorming how I wanted to make a said birdhouse. Eventually, I found 2 candidates, the first one being a hard but complex and interesting birdhouse that snaps together without any additional glue, tape, or anything of that sort needed. The second one is a much easier but much more simplistic design.


 

I was already starting on the first birdhouse option, but I chose to switch to the second choice, just because it was a bit easier. But Mr. Grisbee told me that as this birdhouse was going to be too big to print, and I would need to use wood, I should use the first tutorial because it preps actual cutting of the wood. So, woefully, I switched back to the first option and started working on the first one. I made some pretty good progress on the first one so I wasn't really upset. On Thursday I'll spend class working on the birdhouse, and hopefully, if all goes well, I'll start the cutting early.



Comments