Day 10: Final thoughts and reflection (Tori Moore)

 


There were a lot of many different experiences within this M-Term worth mentioning for a final reflection. What made me the proudest in this M-term would be how I was able to create a working hinge for my final project on time. I was proud because it took many trial and test prints to see what worked and didn't work, and it was nice seeing that the effort put into the creation paid off. 

The only Challenges that I came across were earlier within the Term, but they would be how the video tutorial users would be teaching 3D modeling with older versions of the Fusion 360. This would make it hard to follow along when you didn't know what to click or where certain controls were located. It wasn't a problem later in the Term because by then I had learned how to find those controls on my own, but when I was a new user, it was confusing.

When finding a skill to improve upon that would have to do with getting used to creating accurate measurements within Fusion 360. When creating a new shape, to me it's kind of confusion figuring out if what I'm making is going to be the exact size that I want it to be when I'm done. So, I always find myself having to size down my finished object at the end. The challenge also depends on the type of shape that I'm creating as well. I'm sure that I could get better at this by getting more comfortable at taking my own measurements of objects that I want to create and do some testing to see what works.

I had very much enjoyed learning how to 3D model and use a 3D printer because it was very fun having the creative liberty at the end of being able to make whatever you want one's you had learned those things. It was also nice having to come up with what it was that we even wanted to make.

In the end, if I ever got a 3D printer myself or had the opportunity to join another 3D modeling class in a school setting, I think I would try it out again. This would be because now that I've done it ones, starting off would be easier because of the experience I would have with it. Also, because if I joined again, I know that I would not be bored as being able to create something new every time is a very entertaining activity to do. 

(Image of my Final result from my project)

(Image of hinge progress towards final project)

(Image of hinge progress towards final project)



Comments