Day 10: Reflection (Trey D)

    3d modeling and printing M-Term was a fantastic course, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in problem-solving and tinkering. My favorite part of the class was definitely seeing the final print and all the pieces come together. I loved to see others' creations and how creative they all were, making phone holders, wallets, cases, etc. I also did really enjoy modeling, even though it was a challenge. Fusion 360, as I have learned over the course, is a precision-based software. Unlike Blender, which I have been using for years is a more free model artistic software. This was definitely the hardest thing I faced because of its different concept. My mind was always more of a free builder relax style modeling, while with Fusion 360, you need to be very conscious of every decision you make. What I learned the most was about how to draw up plans and dimensions and use that to create models. Overall this course was a great introduction to parametric modeling and is something I would definitely do again and reccomend to everyone!

Comments